Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Riding on the Roller Coaster of Life with Dirty Feet

Several weeks ago I preached a sermon entitled, "Dirty Feet" during a revival and 10th anniversary celebration at the Empowerment Temple AME Church in Congo Town, Liberia.  The sermon looked at the passage found in Romans 10:11-15.  I then highlighted three ways you can tell when people have Godly “Dirty Feet.”  Here are the points:


  1. They are people that “Walk by Faith and Not by Sight” --You must believe in the faith that you profess and be willing to be obedient to God’s voice. 
  2. They are people that are “Truth Bearers/People with a Purpose”   
  3. They are unifiers. 


Members of the Church of the Lord-Aladura in Monrovia, Liberia pray without shoes.  It is their belief that when a worshiper enters the sanctuary they are standing on Holy ground (Exodus 3:2-5).  Photo by: Gabriel B. Tait
 In giving these points I did not realize that I would be tested by God on all and my feet would be soiled.  I guess it's the quintessential question, do you practice what you preach?

One prayer partner even noted:  "Your life is a real roller-coaster:  Visiting a paralyzed student and then meeting two Nobel Peace Prize laureates, celebrating your birthday alone and
then having your chapter published!  So glad SBMS is going well!  :)"

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gabe - I tried posting this comment to your blog ....

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things." The photo says a thousand words. Just this morning as I knelt to pray, I sensed a whispering voice saying remove your shoes, you are approaching a holy God. Sometimes I am better removing my house slippers when I get on my knees to pray; this morning was different. The room had a chill and I dismissed the whisper in deference to the room temperature. Ugh, gotta work on that.